Monday 15 November 2010

Just one month...

Gretel Hallet, came on our Chocolate Fairy Training last year and is running workshops in East Anglia.  If you live in the area and would like to attend a Beyond Chocolate course, Gretel would love to hear from you!  Meet Gretel.

There are a lot of self-help books out there at moment.  I may be a bit behind the times, but this one came to my attention recently: One month to live, 3- days to a no-regrets life.

It came to my attention in the editorial comment of one of the big woman's magazines as I was sitting in the dentist's waiting room.  The staff on the magazine were asked by the editor what they would do if they only had a month left.  This what some of the women said;
“Stop worrying about my weight and get on a plane to the nearest beach.”
“I'd fly all my family and friends to Ibiza and get married.  Sod the diet and the stress.”
“Stop worrying about the way I look, what I eat, how much I weigh ...”

I found that rather shocking.  All these successful and beautiful women were putting their precious lives on hold until they had lost weight!  Most sad was the woman who was delaying her wedding, putting herself under huge stress to lose weight before she felt she could get married.

Having only a month left concentrated their minds on what was truly important and every one of them realised that their weight/shape/size wasn't important. I hope that these women learned something from their responses to the question they were asked and that they will now take their lives off hold and do the things they want to do instead. 

So the question to you is, what would you do if you had a month left?  Would the size of your hips suddenly seem unimportant?  Why not start today as if you only had a month left and start doing the things you've been putting on hold? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.